Friday, May 8, 2009
Now for the update...
I got a call today from the pediatric stroke specialist, she has decided that she would like to do another MRI to get a closer look at the area of the brain that was affected by the stroke. She said we don't have to worry, that she didn't see anything unusual on the original MRIs, she just wants to confirm the exact location of the stroke. When we went to see her she was surprised that Ellie's motor skills had returned so well. See, she suffered from a basal ganglia stroke (this is how they describe the area of the brain that was affected) and usually these strokes have a pronounced effect on the child's motor skills. Ellie, on the other hand, seems to have had her speech most affected. This could mean nothing, especially since Ellie's recovery has been so positive thus far (she is talking more and more each day), the specialist just said that Ellie's case would be unusual. Well, we already knew that! This girl doesn't fit into any mold! I will keep you posted as soon as we know when the MRI will be scheduled. I am off to bed so I can get up early with Ethan and make my girl some chocolate cupcakes (Abby Cadabby wrappers, of course) with hot pink sprinkles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.